Monday, August 9, 2010

Toenails are for sissies.

I think about this blog way more than I follow through with writing on it. And when I say I think about this blog, I mean, once every few weeks. It's like journaling. I think I like it more than I actually do. Or maybe I really like it, but somewhere between red sports saturns and executive lady suits, I got old and busy.

Either way. An update for the masses. of four. again, thanks mom, Aunt Wendy, Leah and Scott. This is what family is for.

Let's break it down. shall we? In no specific order.

Running - This has taken over my life. I plan my days around it. My weekends are now boring and early ending. My mornings are filled with stretching and moaning and limping out of bed. BUT! I am in a pair of jeans that I wore for our ENGAGEMENT pictures! circa 2004. And when I say, I am 'in' these jeans, I do mean that they are literally a part of me because they are so tight. I really can't wear them in public yet, because they still push part of my butt up to my shoulder blades. But, they buttoned. And me = happy camper. with a smushed in butt. Im hoping my 16 miler coming up will change the status of these jeans to 'comfortable fit'. Either way, I am that much closer to completing my first and LAST marathon. boo to the yah.

House - We have spent the last three weeks doing EXACTLY what makes me angry at homeowners. Upgrading and beautifying in order to sell. I have joined the group that I stick my tongue out at. But, I must say, our house looks snazzy. AND the best part is Scott and I are still married. And actually going strong. For a couple that can't even 2man-kayak together, we sure did smash our record on teamwork! So, here is to selling that house.... I won't get sentimental yet. Get outta here East Gate Parkway! When it becomes official...this is when I will change my mind and cry and pout and realize the emotional connection that I have. And like in Milo & Otis... the new owners will make me walk away while yelling...Dont look back!!!

Babies - It hits me at very random times...the thought of my three babies. Mile 11 at the RockNRoll Half Marathon. Driving home listening to Run DMC. Watching an episode of Design Star. Really, it is just strange. But, I still think about them every day and I still am motivated to make them proud in whatever I do. As for our future children.... we are tentatively moving forward with adoption. I don't say tentative because we are afraid of adoption. That, we are realy excited about. But, tentative because we have so much filling our days right now and the idea of adopting sounds so big and time consuming and difficult and overwhelming. And, it could fall through. So, for someone who runs and jumps into a pool instead of tiptoes in....I can't get myself to move faster even if I tried.... And I am ok with that. And at the moments when it hits me and I am not ok with that...well, I am running or driving in a car or getting sucked into Design Star. I still want four kids. Can you adopt quadruplets? You think I'm joking. Scott would die. Literally keel over. But, I think we can take it. 4 kids? We have 2 dogs already and Reggie is smart. I bet I could teach him how to change a diaper. And Addie? Well, she would eat a diaper for sure. So, there is the whole cleaning up part. ehhhh....gross.

One day, when I stop hating on my Mac computer...I will post pictures. Scott has a blog. http://www.imaginingwindows.tumblr.com/ and he is artsy. and posts pictures. He is so much cooler than me. Give me a top 40 pop song and Coors Lite in a can and I am happy all day long...

Peace in the middle.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Steph -

Where do the toenails come in? Did I miss that part somehow?

Also, when did you start drinking beer? You still don't swear though, right? Or run "orange" lights? Just checking.

Love ya, even though you omitted me from your list above...

- Uncle Jack

ernp06 said...

Hey Steph, you can make the "masses" a list of 5- because i always look forward to reading your posts. way to be in your jeans from 2004!! that is awesome! How do you become a runner like that? How did you do it? I want to be that person, but I just can't seem to get into it.... Prayers for you about your babies... and moving. Good luck w/ selling your house!!

StephZibell said...

Uncle Jack, hah...the toenails fall off when you run so many miles... and one of mine is ready to be the next fatality.. its hanging on for dear life right now. And as for beer, Im typically a captain and diet coke girl, but like Grandma Bev, beer on a hot day is like nothing else! hell no. i do not swear. :)

Elissa, you can SO run! honestly, back in 07, I just went online and signed up for a race...and hadnt even run yet :) but it forced me to start running and I ended up addicted! You TOTALLY will be addicted too. If you want, I can send you a very simple schedule to start building up your miles. Just sign up for a race. you will LOVE it.

Becca said...

I READ YOUR BLOG! :) and i make sure i comment too...because nothing's worse than wondering...does anyone really read this thing? :) but just wanted you to know...i think about you a lot and miss you tons. you should know! ((hugs))

ernp06 said...

steph!! yes please, can you email me the schedule? elissa.russell@gmail.com. i did run a 5K back in may and LOVED it... it was so much fun. i didn't even train, really- i think i ran 3 times all spring... and i still finished the 5K in 34ish minutes. not awesome, but better than i though i'd be...lol. but it was so much fun. and i know i could run farther. i can't believe you're doing a marathon! that's amazing. good luck training! and hey- where are you guys moving??